See ya!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rsls, Jul 12, 2005.

1. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

Well it has been fun here on Lawn site and want to thank you all for your input and help. I just sold all of my accounts and am heading to greener pastures. I wish you all good luck and have a nice day!!! :waving:

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Best of luck to you. :)

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

What ya gonna do now ?

4. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

Lawn business was just my "side" job. Got promoted at my full time job and need to spend more time with my 17 month old boy, 23 month old boy and my 3 and 5 year old girls. Oh yeah and my wife too

5. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

how did you have 2 kids 6 months apart?

6. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

Different mothers or adoption would be my guess.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi rsls,

Keep us posted on how things go!

<tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Learn How to Make your own Logo. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

8. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

we adopted my older boy when my wife was 6 or so months pregnant with my youngest boy, he was 9 weeks old when we got him. its funny tho in public sometimes people ask if they have different mothers when we tell they are only 5 months apart....my wife usually replies "no, they have different fathers", it is hilarious watching the reactions out of some of em. :dizzy:

9. BrunswickMowing

BrunswickMowing LawnSite Member

Just curious as to why you would adopt a 9 week old baby when you already had 3 of your own?

It's hard to get one that young, and I would think already having kids would put you lower on the list.

10. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

didn't start out as an adoption. started out as we would have him for a few days and then he would move to a more permanent home. then a few days turned into weeks and then to adoption. we were not planning to adopt until my youngest was about a year old or so but that did not work out obviously. as far as "the list" we didn't go through an adoption agency we went through County child protective services and there is no "list" other than the one they go down to call and see if you have room for a child. Yes it is extremely rare to get what we got and how we got it but it has been a blessing in disguise. My wife picked him up from the hospital at 9 weeks old with a cast on his right arm a healing broken left arm multiple broken ribs and a skull fracture. Your right about us having three of our own already but how many people out there who cant have children are willing to take in a child that is beat up to this extent, then spend a week in the hospital with him cuz he has a bleeding ulcer and then take him on "mommy visits" at the county jail(mandatory) Adopting children of this age is not rare or hard to come by unless you want the "perfect child" and then yes you will have to go through a private agency and wait!. But other than these long healed injuries my son has no health or any other problems.