1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

See you guys later...it was fun

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tiedeman, Dec 27, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

well, looks like this is going to be my last week on the site guys. It has been a blast.

I just received an email from my future employer. I start training for my new job here this coming weekend. I might be moving and could be living in Seattle by the end of 2006 or beginning of 2007. This winter for snow removal looks like it will be it for the business. Heck I might not even be able to finish the snow removal season, I might have to sub-contract out or just give away work for the rest of the season. I have sub-contracted out my remaining lawn care contracts to another huge LCO company south of me. We basically made a deal for a way that he can enter into this market and start to take over some accounts.

If anybody is interested in buying some equipment please feel free to email me. I don't have much left for sale, since I sold a lot this fall already predicting that 2005 was going to be my last year.

I might pop on once and while to see what is going on and post now and then. But other than that, have a good year.

Keep in touch and drop me an email if you guys are not busy

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck. What is your new job?
  3. tiedeman

from earth

going to do some Industrial/Organizational Psychology work. Basically in a nutshell, "statistics". I will be more of an assistant for the first 2 to 3 years.
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Dang, didn't know you were getting out of the business.

I always looked forward to reading your posts. And I hoped you would over take bobby's post count :D

Good luck
  5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

So what industry will you be working in?
  6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Have fun tiedeman!!! :waving:
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Dam, love reading your posts, good luck at your new job and i hope you do end up commin on every once and a while!!Adios!
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Good Luck with your new career.:)
  9. tiedeman

from earth

I don't want to say the name of the company, but software and gaming. Lets just say its a big company.

Most of will involve testing human subjects. I will be more involved with taking the data from tests and playing with the numbers. I have to get refreshed with this though, because I haven't done this type of work in almost 6 years. Time to pull out my psychology books.

They basically picked me because of two reasons; my high marks in statistical classes, and because one of my professors chose me for it. I was notified of the possibility last year, but kind of brushed it off a little bit. They then came back to me again with an offer.

I will be an assistant for about 2 to 3 years while finishing up with school. They really want me to go to graduate school.

I will start out doing my training down in Ann Arbor (kind of a refresher course) and they go from there. It is still not 100% certain yet, they are going to put me through some tests
  10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Good luck Troy
    And you want to give up all the fun of cutting grass and playing snow for that kinda job? LOL