1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Seed Choice?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Drew Gemma, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the chance to give back to my community and get a write up in the paper huge full page write up with tons of exposure plus make a little profit not to much! I am renovating the existing football field. All vegetation will be killed in the spring then slice seed in my mixture of choice, soil test will be taken prior and all nutrients will be added to gain the best advantage. Please note watering on a regular basis is not an option they will only water during grow in period only. Fert and squirt will be twice a year only with aeration and overseed done once a year. So would you go kB with rye or rye with TTfescue Turf type fescues and blues don't blend together. So I have to go one or the other. KB needs lots of maint but they aren't gonna water. ttfescue no water really but not as appealing and sometimes not good at filing in and slow to respond to reproducing. Give me your thought and any particular blends. Thanks

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Poa Supina. By far, the BEST grass for any sports field.
  3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i've reseeded a couple of new properties w/ teammates and even straight tttf with outstanding results. I find that, given a higher mowing height and slow release fert (prefer organic), these lawns have filled in and crept togather nicely.