1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Seed Prices???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mow2nd, Oct 20, 2004.

1. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

What did you guys pay this year for 50 Lbs of a Turf Type Tall Fescue?
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Tall FESCUE is the bane of these Kentucky Blue Lawns. You can have all of it for free!!!!

Sorry, I am a northerner and I know that you gents down south make nice lawn out of that stuff but up here it is worse than a disease. I am replying to your thread because I am interested in what you pay for it. Our seed of choice is a blend of Kentucky Blue, Red Fescue and mixed rye. I get my seed in 25# bags and cost varies with the blend, anywhere from about 30 to 60 dollars a bag. take care.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Around $36 + tax.
  4. Ability

Ability LawnSite Member

My dealer has Kentucky31 for $28 + tax
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

About $42.00.. :)
  6. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

72 cents per pound of Lesco Transition Blend Turf type Tall fescue.....
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I paid $1.02/lb for Lesco's transition blend a couple of weeks ago.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've been a diehard Lesco fan for years. I've bought all my stuff from them every year. But they went nuts for seed prices this spring. Went from .68 to 1.03 per lbs. Then back to .91 this fall. I can get the same quality from another person delivered for .72 per lbs.

Lesco went from $8.50 to $11 for fert plus a stupid fuel surcharge. My other place its $6.50. Needless to say, Lesco has lost many $1000's from me this season. Corporate headquarters did it to them. Took away their ability at each dealer to price competitively. Their prices went sky high compared to everyone else. They also price stuff different in every area.
  9. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

cheapest I have found anything in my area is $1.35 per lb. the stuff I generally use (millenium tall fescue) is closer to $1.60 per lb.

no lesco around here...just the local nurseries
  10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Kentucky 31 for $31.00 50lbs. Lesco transtion blend for $36.00 50 lbs.