1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

seed with crabgrass control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

When done simply, cheaply and correctly, there is no reason for concern about wasting money... I don't waste the clients' money with Spring fix-up of winterkill patches and I don't waste the clients' money with pre-m before the turf grass germinates...
    Why do those who can't make it happen, continue to say that it can't happen... I've been doing this for the past many years and it becomes negligence on my part to NOT get these dirt spots filled in...
    The fact of a lawn STILL requiring pre-m to avoid CG, after 5 years or so, demonstrate poorly developing turf... I work on 'growing' turf rather than 'killing' weeds, so the lawns become stronger and thicker as time goes by...
    I realize that squirt&fert guys, don't grow grass, but for those more complete care, LCOs I would encourage getting outside of the squirt&fert box... :)