Seeding Est.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lsylvain, Nov 6, 2001.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting an estimate together for a seeding job.

62,000 ft^2

A little less than half needs to be tilled up.

How much should I charge for tilling and putting the seed, fert and lime down. I mix everything together in the hopper so I only need to make one pass with the spreder. I'm looking for a profit # not total charge for the job.

any help would be great
    thanks.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You want us to tell you what profit % you should be getting??? Correct?

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not recommend putting seed, lime & fert in same hopper w/one pass. The lime should be all the way open, if seed is, its being wasted, and the fert that rate ??? Not advisable. Are you tilling w/ a tow behind tiller on a tractor?? Too many variables tohelp w/ this one.

4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Are you just broadcasting the seed?

Ok here's what we charge for seeding, that size job we would be getting $1.10 per sq. yd.
    Now for that we would grade the site, till the site, seed by one of two methods (brillon seeder or hydro seed) and mulch either straw or hydro mulch.

job total $7577.90
    seed cost
    brillion $562.21
    Hydro $787.09
    Fert $68.32
    Mulch
    straw$311.52
    Hydro$646.19
    equipment and labor grading $1320
    mulching $ 500

you can work the # from there

this should have been posted in the landscape forum

5. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

The lot will be tilled with a bob cat tiler.

The way I use the hopper with eveything in it is just calulate the amount of fert seed and lime. Say you need 3 parts lime 2 parts seed and 1 part fert. You figure the proper setting on your spreader. So when you spread it sends out the proper amount of material. It's pretty easy to figure out. Just add up the setting numbers and each turn of the hopper will send out the right amount.

I don't need to do any grading just the tilling and sewing.

6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

So your not going to rake the ground, or level after you till?