1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by prosperity, Mar 30, 2007.

1. prosperity

prosperity LawnSite Member

I landed some good work from a local excavating company - I will be doing all their seeding/mulching. They said they don't have time, and want to bother with this part of their work - so I will get the work - great!

This will mostly be rough finish work, with some lawn work. The rough work will entail seeding/mulching around areas where they have put new roads into the woods and rough banks etc. Some will be where they install gas/water lines to existing homes.

I have no problem with the lawns at existing homes - fairly small seed/mulch jobs done pretty much by hand - walk behind spreader, and hand spread mulch hay.

But, on the rough/larger areas, I trying to find the best way to do this. Of course, I can also do these by hand, until the job gets to be a big one. At that point, I am going to find out if my local rental place rents a small bale chopper that I can use. And, if these are banks, they will have to be seeded by hand I am thinking anyway.

All of this will work for me - was just wondering if I might be missing an easier way to take care of these larger jobs.
  2. tnmulchblower

tnmulchblower LawnSite Member

prosperity, have you thought about looking into a Mulch Blowing truck that can use Terraseeding to seed/mulch the banks for you. It could save you a lot of time freeing you up for other work. Good Luck with your project,hope all turns out well.
  3. prosperity

prosperity LawnSite Member

The terraseeder would be perfect, but overkill for me at this point.

However, in the future, who knows?

For the time being, I'm going to see if my local rental outfit has a small bale chopper that I can put on the back of my trailer for those larger erosion control jobs.

Thanks for the info!