seeding & pine straw please help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawncare, Dec 20, 2001.

1. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

whats the going rate for seeding and pine strawing an area 50 x 125. I might also have to spread the top soil so i need a price both ways I never did this before so i don't want to miss out on money.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

give us more details, what type of grade is the area, how about the climate, sunny? shady? lots of rain? what type of grass is there already?

3. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

brand new houses just built has no grass no were, sunny area very few trees. it 4 house built in a row

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

how about the grade, very important aspect, is it level ground? hills? slanted? dips? this is why its hard to give an estimate without seeing the actual property, it is also good maybe to do it by the hour?

5. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

yes the ground is level no hill, no slope the cust build houses for a living so he usually let his guys do it so he knows how much material runs im just trying to be faire withm he does about 10 houses a year i just want the steady cash flow if it worth my time