1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A+Lawn, Mar 23, 2006.

1. A+Lawn

A+Lawn LawnSite Member

I have a guy that just and wanted his lawn reseeded. It is 7000 sqft. The grass is dead, there is just a few spots that are green. Should I aerate the lawn and charge him $30-35 per 1000 sqft. And then seed it at about 3-4# per sqft. and charge about $4 per #, and then put down starter fertilizer. Does that sound about right?
  2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

The standard rate around here according to chemlawn guy i talked to ws 14.00 for 1st 1000 and 8.00 for each additional 1000. that qould be $62.00 to aerate plus th eprice of the seed. your aeration price seems very high to me, $210-$250 is a lotta cash to aerate a little home. I dont think 1 aeration will bring th elawn back if its that bad either. We would aerate 4 times 6-8lbs per 1000 of seed (depending on variety) and starter fert , and optional topdress with 6 yards organic compost then roll the lawn
  3. johngreen

johngreen LawnSite Member
    from iowa

I think about 6 to 7 dollars asq ft might be in the ball park to aerate. i would aerate the hell out ofthe bad spots. If the ground is dryand hard have themwateritfor sever hours thedaybeforeyou do it. I then would charge double the cost of seed.
  4. johngreen

johngreen LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i ment 6 or sevendollars per 1000 sq ft