Seeding

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Tri-City Outdoors, Feb 14, 2011.

1. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

It's going to catch on here. I seed a lot of Bermuda lawns so all those next door properties will have one soon. I'll post a pic of my Bermuda lawn.....it's great. Like I said it's the number one lawn grass in all the southern us. Why people love st aug is beyond me. I don't hate it but it is pretty useless turf
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Please do, I am interested in this. Not ready to convert, but interested non the less.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

FOR YOU I would sell you enough of my unlabeled product to do a Thousand sq ft for $ 100.00 cash money. That is still cheaper than re sodding by a long shot. Oh you will have to drive here to get it, I am not shipping it or willing to give you any paper work. I will promise it is a legal mixture to apply on your lawn and it will kill Bermuda in St Augustine without hurting it, if applied as per my instructions. But I will not tell you what it is or where to buy it.

4. Plantculture

Plantculture LawnSite Member

I second the idea of using common bermuda or some seed variety.
    With bahia, once you start getting grassy weeds in it, you cant get them out.
    With bermuda, you have many options for weed control. Also, you can over-seed it and have a rye grass lawn for 7 months of the year.

You could also sprig the lawn with Celebration bermuda which looks decent cut with a rotary.

5. Landscape Poet

Ric,

You are correct in that it would be cheaper than resodding the area I am concerned about, what I did not think about was the logistics on getting it here. You are what roughly three and half, four hours away???/ That makes for a pretty good weekend trip.
    I have no issue with the price...just the logistics of getting it. i will PM and get your phone number if we are heading down that way.

Thanks,

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

I would actually like to see you test this herbicide with before and after pictures. It would only give me more credibility as a second LS Member to confirm it works.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Ric- does the hundred dollars mean lunch will be provided.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I will take you to the best Burger & Fries in town, shouldn't cost your more than $ 30 with Tips. But just think what a treat to have my company for lunch.

9. Landscape Poet

I will try to get some snap shots of the areas with bermuda mixed in this weekend. The wife has been after me to visit the Keys - this may just be the excuse I need for a weekend trip down there. Sounds like a write off to me come next year for taxes

10. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Posted via Mobile Device