Seedling Trees, What to use!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DreamtheGreen, Aug 15, 2007.

1. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

I have a couple jobs with beds that have a ton of trees(seedlings) coming up. And a job we cleanedup and cut alot of scrub growth down.

What is good to use to kill this stuff. I've sprayed roundup but no success. The job with scrub growth looked like a forest before and now alot is returning. only way to get rid of it is to dig it out but theres so much plus they dont want to spend the money. Please Help!

2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't have the lable for round up in front of me, be i think the cut stump application is 50-100% (meaning apply it right out of the bottle and apply it as the consentrate) there are pre-m's that might help, check the lable of gallary, it works great agenst broadleaf plants. the best 'natural' way to take care of the problem would be to plant grass, it will over time bring the seedling under control.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

"Crossbow" (Dow). 3 ounces per gallon + a little spreader/sticker gives 100% kill on volunteer trees, poison ivy, etc, and it won't harm turf. We buy it from LESCO.

"Brushmaster" (PBI Gordon) works exactly the same.

4. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I'll second American's comment, triclopyr is far superior to glyphosate for woody plant control. There is a product called 'Vine-X", it's an RTU which I don't normally use but in this case it's very handy for spot treating stumps and that sort of thing.