Seeking Gator Mulching Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CapnDean, Aug 15, 2004.

1. CapnDean

CapnDean LawnSite Member

Can't seem to find the Gator Mulcher for a 48" Cub Tank w/fab deck. Anybody got a source?

I can find a (gator) blade that is 5/8" longer than the OEM but I am afraid it wont do.

Would appreciate comments regarding performance of the gator blade too!

BTW: I have had my cub tank for better than a month now. I have put about 8 hours on it and am very pleased with it's performance. It's fast... I have figured out how to turn without divoting the yard and have reduced mowing time down from 4 hours to a little more than 1 hour. YEAH!

I would like to be able to get off of it while it is running without having to set the parking brake. Also, I like the 10 gallon fuel capacity, but it is inconvenient to have to fill it from both sides I would prefer a large crossover so that you may fill from one side or the other.

(Of course I have had this same gripe about automobiles for many years...WHY Can't Detroit put the gas filler on BOTH sides?)

Anyhow...if there are any "watch out fors" on the Tank I'd appreciate hearing em!
  2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

My source would be the Dealer i got the machine from,otherwise check JThomas catalog...
  3. CapnDean

CapnDean LawnSite Member

I shoulda said that from the git go..... My dealer does not carry em. (Gator Blades)
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I looked for you too in J-Thomas and I couldn't find them. Only standard blades I could find..unless I am looking in the wrong area
  5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

6. CapnDean

CapnDean LawnSite Member

LawnZZ THANK YOU for your help..

But those are Gator Blades for Cub Cadet riding mowers. NOT the Cub Tank ZTR.

I seemed simple.....but it's not.
  7. Edgemaster

Edgemaster LawnSite Member

Anybody ever find anything out about these? I need a set also.
  8. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We have them. What is the length of your blade, you need to measure from corner to corner( / ). Also, what size center hole. I show 16-17/32" long w/ a 3/4" center hole, and two 5/16 outer holes. $7.51ea. + $7 flat shipping! Thanks PS You'll need to call me on these they are not on the online store.
  9. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I would check ebay. I bought gator blades for my exmark for about 7.50 a piece