Seeking help form Echo blower users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, May 2, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

i had a question for the guys who use Echo PB-602's, 603's and 650's. Everey day my blower takes like 10 pulls to start. My uncle's Maruyama's take like 2 pulls. Does this happen to you guys? Thinking of taking my blower back foran exchange. wht do you think?

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnkid- I actually brought my PB 650 back for an exchange about 3 weeks ago. I only bought the Echo in Nov. 2001. I liked it at first, but we started having problems with the recoil, then the throttle cable, then my dealer couldn't get parts for it for a week or more. I'm pretty friendly with him, so he took it back and was able to sell it to a homeowner. I took a brand new Redmax and so far it's great. I've always been an Echo man but no more. My advice: go with the Redmax! Good luck, Mike

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 3 Echo PB60s and 1 is a pain to start, what I found is take the gas cap off for a couple of seconds to let the pressure out then put cap back on prime it 3 times and start! It works for that one!

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Lawnkid,

Not to be smart, but are you pressing the primer bulb 2-3 times and choking it?

You have to do this. How old is your blower? How's the plug? Hows the muffler?

My PB-650 gets easier to start every day. Mostly on the 1st pull if its cold, 2nd if its hot.

My older Lesco/Echo backpack was quicker to warm up (didn't need to) than the 650, but that was a pre-emission engine.

Sure wish they kept the adjustable carb, but with emissions, that is a NO-NO.

5. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

My PB 650 takes 2-3 pulls and it takes a minute or so to warm up. My old pb-46 usually starts on the first or second pull.

6. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I have a pb650 and it never has a problem starting. I do not know what your problem is, but I would demand a solution. I know when you bought the blower it was sold as commercial and not homeowner. Your dealer must provide the same quality service you must provide to stay in business. Make them fix it or do business elsewhere.

7. Please-only say nice things about PB650-I ordered mine yesterday to replace my red pos. I'm thinking a final adjustment will be done with a 12# maul axe.
    I tell you what-blowers have been the biggest maint. problem for me. This will be my 4th one in 10 seasons and I have never found one that has been anywhere near as dependable as my other equipment. It gets real old fighting to keep them working as they should.

8. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

Bought the PB650 in March and its been great. It starts on the 1st or second pull every time.

9. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

Our Echos will start after 2 pulls if we prime 5-6 times and give it half chock. Once it comes alive then the choke comes off. Try that and see what happens.

10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My Echo 603: Cold- choke on, prime 3 times, pull once, take choke off and pull once or twice. Warm-pull once or twice. So far, so good. 2 stroke equipment can be stubborn sometimes, though.