Seeking seminar for chemical applications in South

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TLI, Jan 26, 2007.

1. TLI

TLI LawnSite Member

I am looking to attend a seminar somewhere in the south for chemical applications. I have called my local Lesco dealer and they don't do seminars. I have recently passed the required exams to treat lawns but I realize I need real product and application knowledge before I market this service to my existing lawn care clients. Can anyone recommend a good seminar for chemical rookies?

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Check with your local Universityfor their Extention Agent in your county. Most of those guys are willing to pass along info. Another thing is that you might help out the best person in a neighboring city FREE for the education. Another thing is to take some college classes. You cannot learn everything you need to know from one or two seminars. Learn the habits of trees--that is how deep their roots are; their height, width, just lots of small things pertinent to one species. Learn to recogninze disease in trees and grass--lots of this stuff is on the net. Finally hire me to do all of your landscaping designs--Roy

3. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

The BWI branch in Memphis is having a class soon, but I cant remember the date. BWI may also have a branch in Little Rock.

4. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

well i live in okc dont know if we use the same products

5. RAlmaroad

from SC

What is BWI???

6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hosejockey, i left you a PM if you can get a chance to reply. Your best to gain some knowledge by working under someone for even a season and knowing what to do than gambling with learning as you go with customers lawns. Good Luck!

7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

This is a classic reason why franchises exist, they will bring you in set you up and your off and running. You would have the benefit of a complete operating system.

8. HoseJockey

from Memphis

BWI is a chemical supplier somewhat cheaper than Lesco.

9. RAlmaroad

from SC

Is this the BWI to which you refer?
    BWI Company, Inc.
    Jim Lange
    4950 South Frontage Rd
    Lakeland FL
    Phone (863) 686-6683
    Product & Services: 1-3-6 - Wholesaler of field, vegetable & grass seed & lawn & garden products.

10. HoseJockey

from Memphis

That sounds right Ral. I think they have branches across the south.