Seems like fewer people on this forum?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfsurfer, Oct 9, 2003.

1. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody been around for a couple of years and notice there are fewer people lately on this topic? Everybody must be real busy but at the same time, the mowing forum is always full of new posts. What gives?
  2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

The ones that knew alot about this have moved onto other things.
  3. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

With all the necessary licenses I think a lot of people sub contract this kind of work. I know I do. I'll be honest, I just don't have the knowledge. I sub it out to someone who does-they can do it for about what it would cost me, and it gets done right-not just me guessing.
  4. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Main reason -- is a mass exodus to greener pastures to other places on the net.
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Greener Pastures?
    I don't agree.
  6. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have noticed posters attacking other posters on this forum. This explains why fewer responses are noted.
    Kick somebody long enough, they will get the message.
  7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

While this forum has been an enormous help to me that past couple of years, it's apparent, at least to me, that if you ask questions not related to mowing, the responses are often few.Guess that why it's called "Lawn-site" .
  8. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

That's a shame. I know this forum was a big help to me when I made the transition from just mowing to lawn treatments. It seems that this forum has the most potential for helping guys just starting out as there is so much more to take into consideration and learn. I mowed grass for 8 years before even learning to identify the different grass types. Have come a long way since then. I know I am not alone in this. Don't really know what greener pastures you guys are talking about since I don't have much time to just surf the net.