Seems like only yesterday...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Sep 26, 2001.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That many of us were sitting here at our computers wishing the winter was over so we could start cutting again. Where did this year go to. Cutting season is winding down and leaves and seedings are starting up.

I kinda wish that this year wouldn't end. We had good rain at just the right time to keep everything nice and green all year.

I hope everyone has a safe, productive, profitable fall.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

It's 49 here at 12:30 am!!

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh I believe, in yesterday.....

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

amen:)

5. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

Whaddya mean its fall? on my calendar it's..... crap. Fall:mad:
    Ditto what 65 said.

Rick

6. Vince,
    It's nice to live in an area where you can cut 52 weeks a year. I do lose on average about 30 days due to weather, but it's never at once.

John

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

It's always been taht way...... All winter I can't wait for the cold to be over and get back outside. Then when summer comes, all I do is ***** about the heat, and say that I can't wait till it starts snowing again!!

Its amazing how much trash we talk!! :)

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i am always ready for the next season. im eager to start fall clean ups. but, when its 35 degrees out and im out in the dark trying to finish up an account, all i think about is cutting grass in 70 degree weather.

9. Lets see here what can I possibly complain about. 35 degrees..no. Fall clean-up..no. Snow/Ice removal..no. Oh well, I guess I'll go bodysurf at Sandy's (it's a beach,not a woman!) and think this one over.

BTW local experts assume big layoffs in tourism ind. here. Big whips should consider huge discounts to get more kamaaina's to get away from it all and enjoy the places only tourists can afford.

Lawns and gardens? No impact whatsoever for the small guy. I know, Hawaii's been in recession since late 80s and I turn work down all the time. Suppose more newbe-wanna be L&G startups to impact, but I'm good,and try beat my price.

Aloha,
    P.Y.S.

10. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

I guess Im glad I do this part-time. I work full time at the Fire Dept and things are slowing down here just in time for Deer season to start. Bow Season Oct 15 and gun season late November. Ill still mulch some leaves till Dec, then its pretty much nothing till March. :D