Seems like only yesterday...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Paradise Lawn Service,

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. YOU MAKE ME SICK!:mad: :D I STILL say I'm gonna surprise you sometime, and have all my stuff flown out there!:D Anyway, Enjoy!:cool:

2. Runner,

I just had to reply to this post on seasons and such. I really miss much of the mainland, esp. the snow. Also, I would love to have even one or two accounts like Eric ELM posts with all that acerage and foliage-awesome stuff we don't get in Hawaii.

Economically, things could take a turn for the worst here for a number of reasons. I'll keep all posted form time to time. Actually, Maui is doing well in construction and is looking for anyone who can throw a hammer. So, I would assume landscapers are well taken care of with years of work ahead. My business is well established and well insulated from any attrition. Probably, you have several accounts that are like family and will do all they possibly can to keep you on. Well, thats where I am now and thus the reason for my bragging about how good things are here.
    Also, my wife is a state worker with senority. If push comes to shove we could skid by on her salary alone.

Anyway, keep pushin' on!

Aloha,
    P.Y.S.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Florida is great, 74 and rain here tonite. We do our lawns every other week this time of year, well starting nov 1, and all pay monthly so income is still great. With the extra time we do cleanups, and fix the things we neglected and didnt have time for all summer. The things we will do next week..........

4. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering where this year went also???? I still remember cutting the high "green wet" grass in April like it was just last week! Rest up over winter and good luck next year.

B's Lawn Service:)

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh .... yesterday came suddenly ..... Good Luck with the Leaves n Snow :-> $$$

6. Randy

Randy LawnSite Member

I miss summer, but bring on the leaves of fall. Also look forword to the snow. Got my equipment ready for the snow. Plus days it don't snow I get out the bow. Thats something I don't get to do much of this summer was hunt. So bring on the winter. Life is good up here in the north too.:D

7. linky

linky LawnSite Member

I feel the same way. Its time for the cold and leaves. In the winter i feel like i've done something wrong cause the phone is not ringing off the hook oh well it will come spring. I guess i'll take the extra time to come up with a game plan for spring and get all equipment in tip top shape.

8. Lawndude

Lawndude LawnSite Member

Don't worry. Spring will be here soon. :)

9. V.H. lass

V.H. lass LawnSite Member

Don't worry be happy The grass will return next spring thicker and greener than ever, you'll see But in the time being let the leaves fall where they may