Seems like the year for huge price increases.......

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Ground Master, Apr 7, 2006.

1. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

haha... man boots... I almost detected a hint of sarcasm there
  2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Well, you didn't expect the BEST of both worlds now did you? If it costs them less and they can make us pay the price..................Yeah, be ready for the WORST of all worlds from the manufacturing end.
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Our Kaf-flex hose has gone way up in the last year. But why I am really digging this one up, did Rainbird just have a price increase, or did I get bumped a level or two on pricing? Noticed when I bought nozzles the other day they had jumped up about 10%.
  4. bdb

bdb LawnSite Member

You got it...May 1st 5% to 10% increase. That two increases sin 1-1-06 and rumor is thats not the last. I think they have to make up for the 5004 prices. They lowered them last year and that is the only thing that has stayed the same.:hammerhead:
  5. bdb

bdb LawnSite Member

How does your butt feel? .18 is still more then here now. We are getting it here way cheaper! But I do know a guy that bought some from Menards and it split. You cut out the split and put in a coupler and it would split when you put in the coupler. What kind and brand are you using? 80psi utility HDPE (.14/ft) 100psi utility HDPE(.165/ft) And 80psi HDPE life time (geeen stripe) 80psi (.165/ft)

As for boxes (12L x 17W x 8H) we use orbit for residential and pay about 12 bucks for them.
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm, good point. My supply house did tell me the 5004's were under 7 bucks the last time I asked.