1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Seems to be a glitch when signing up?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by 1MajorTom, Oct 4, 2003.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I have noticed that when new members are signing up, their birthday is being shown in their profile as December 31, 1969.
    Not everyone is entering their birthday as that day, but that's the way it is showing up in their profile.
    But if you check the calendar for December 31, these members supposed birthdays aren't even listed on the calendar.

Check back on the last few members that have signed up, and you'll see what I'm saying.

Hope I explained this well enough so you can see what I'm trying to say. :)
  2. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

You sure explained it well enough ;-)

UNIX-based servers work with timestamp, which indicate the number of seconds after January 1, 1970 (the UNIX Epoch). For example, January 2, 1970 at midnight would be 86400, as that moment was exactly 86400 seconds after the Epoch.

What happens when the timestamp is equal to 0 (e.g. when someone doesn't enter his/her birthday) is that the system returns that date as Dec 31st, 1969 (the last date before the Unix Epoch). However, this is not a true Dec 31st which is why these users are not listed to have their birthdays on that date.

Hope this helps!