seen something different today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenman, Oct 8, 2002.

1. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I was driving through town today and I saw a guy at a bank cutting with a ztr (I couldn't get the make or model, too much traffic) with double reel mowers on the front. Im sure some of you guys are quite familiar with this, but ive never seen anyone cut with these other than on golf courses. The reels were hydraulic. Before he would make his turns, he would let them up, make his turns, and let them down and go. BTW, I was not impressed with the cut. Do some guys only use these type mowers for all accounts?

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Reel mowers are only good for cutting short grass ie( 1/4 -1") he was probably trying to cut taller, hence the poor cut quality. As cheap as banks are I doubt that they want to water every day and mow every other to have golf course quality. He probably had access to reels and wanted to try. I think everybody has dreamed of trying, just not feasible.

Mark

3. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Greenman, what bank was it? i might have known who it was

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

mowngrow-the bank on mccain blvd. between the mall and red lobster, right across from KFC-. US bank?

This guy was cutting it real short, but it was on a slight slope. There were just some scalped areas. The area should have been cut with a 21" in my opinion. Maybe a wb.

5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was just out there at chilli's, wish I could have seen that. How could he have raised them up and down?

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

IBGreen- I have seen some JD's with hydraulic decks, but never an attachment on the front with reels.