Seen something funny to me.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 44toy, Sep 26, 2003.

1. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

On break at college today saw something funny. was eating lunch near my truck and trailer ( toyota 4x4, 12' gate trailer, 52" bunton hydro.)

Guy with a new ford power stroke and a 16' tandem with a 48" gear drive (seen this guy around campus for awhile,) Stops beside my truck looking. he starts talking to his buddy and they start laffing?

I guess my little rig looked like a joke to them. But I can not figure out why you would need a powerstroke and tandem trailer to haul a walkbehind ( the only machine I have seen him with for about 4-5 weeks.)

Oh yea it had ramps in the back of his truck, no gate on trailer.

Just thought it was funny.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Don't let it bother ya...I have 3 PSD's and I don't rub it in anyone's face.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

just do what works for you.Don't worry what someone else thinks you should drive.:cool:

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ya, I've made the big payments (stll am) and I don't laugh at those making the smaller ones.........I just think they're smarter than me.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

He's the big, bad guy with the walk behind, - don't you know? And don't think for a minute that he's paying for that truck with that walk-behind, because he's NOT. Also, what does he have a helper for, to do his trimming and then stand there and watch him mow for 20 minutes? If you ever see this guy, you can tell tell him I said so.

6. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

It makes no difference to me if someone makes fun of me. I make enough to pay my bills and tuition.

I just thought it was funny, driving that big rig to pull a mower smaller and liter than mine. Plus I bet I can be backed out or turned around and on my way before he can get his rig started.

7. i get all kinds of dirty looks with my overloaded snowmobile trailer and 91 Grand Marquis!

I smile because I know someday my rig(s) will be just as nice, if not nicer, and PAID FOR WITH CASH.

:))

8. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder if he would have looked funny getting yanked out of his window? ;)

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

We all can't start out with big equipment.

10. Lawnalternatives

Lawnalternatives LawnSite Member

As long as your accounts look better than theirs, who gives a flip?