Select Clearing Bid Help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by matthewap, Feb 19, 2006.

1. matthewap

matthewap LawnSite Member

I have a question about how to bid a select clearing job on a price per acre basis? The property has alot of under brush, and large trees. 12 inches and smaller will be gone. The job is for a golf course under construction.

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I would charge one million dollars, take $200 of it go buy a digital camera, and next time you want us to bid for you without any good information you can take a picture of it and show us what in the world you are talking about.

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

In my area....I have known of companies doing that type of work for 1100.00 an acre. Might could sell the timber then go behind them and get the rest. I wouldnt bid on a job like this unless I had the equipment to back me up.:waving:

4. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

cwlawley if you are going to be an ass, keep it to yourself. there is no need to act like that, if you want more info ask.

5. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

guys here in GSO NC get 2500/acre to completely clear and push in a pile
    6800/acre to haul off everything
    3900/acre to chip 14inches and down leaving stumps and 14+ material
    averages though depends on time of year and work load, granted this is for total clear cut. Select cut may be more or less depending on access. These are ballparks used to get my customers ideas, we don't perform or sub-contract this work and these prices are fresh. I had a job like this pop up last week and checked around and passed this on. We want the seeding after this goes on. Several graders pass us seeding work and we pass these leads out to them returning the favor. Hope it helps.

I don't want to seem as a jerk, but this is very expensive equipment and a dangerous job, if you haven't done this before BE CAREFUL!

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

hey buddy i am doing a big job like this now if you can take a few pics an i will tell you how much its gonna take to do.if you have anymore questions please let me know ,thanks george