Self-addressed envelopes, Do you use this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gusbuster, Aug 29, 2000.

1. Just kind of curious how many of you use a self-addressed envelopes for your clients to send your payments.
    Myself, I drop an invoice or statement in the mailbox.

I had a complaint about this today from a client. When I told her why i don't provide a self-addressed envelope, oh I didn't realize they cost so much.
    John

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We use self-addressed stamped envelopes for our customers. We want to make it as easy as possible for the customer to get payment to us as quickly as possible.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 08-30-2000 at 02:42 AM]

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

When I send my monthly invoices out I provide the customer with a self-addressed envelope. But it's not stamped! Your other household bills don't come with self-addressed-stamped.

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

If you guys are interested I will pass you the information of the company I use that makes me 1,000 pre addressed envelopes w/ your logo for $25 plus $7 shipping.

Quality and quick.

Chuck

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Yes Chuck, Please post that info. Thanks

6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I do provide all my customers with a SASE, I started this about 3 monthly billings ago. I dont think it helps much though, because the same late payers are still late, & the ones who pay on time are still on time.

SJR

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I use printed return envelops for all except comm acct's and customers with a bank billing service.

8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

ok, let me dig through all my paperwork and find what im looking for.

I will post it here soon.

9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah my household bills dont have stamped envelopes, but I dont want to be like everyone else. I try to make an impression on every customer.

10. Firebrand

Firebrand Banned

I send out a self addressed envelope without the stamp with my invoices. I just went and bought a package of label sheets for the printer and did them in Word. Affixed those to the cheapy little envelopes, very little cost (plain text, no logo). I was suprised how much quicker some of my customers paid. I think it's a good idea, customer service and all.