1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

self propeled mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by skits, Feb 17, 2007.

1. skits

skits Banned
    from florida

whats the best at lowes any one use the troy built?if so which one?:confused: or is the home depote toro personal pace better+
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

are you planning on cutting just your lawn? or are you trying to start a business?
  3. skits

skits Banned
    from florida

for business.start up mower on a budget
  4. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member

I really love my Cub Cadet SRC621. Its a 21" mower with castors in the front, and it is self-propelled in the rear, almost like a mini walk behind. I really like it, but you will have to go to a cub dealer to get one since they arent sold at home depot because it is under their commericial line of products.
    Check it out here:
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well whats your budget?
  6. skits

skits Banned
    from florida

thanks i look into the cub cadet.my budgit is about 700 for mower blower and weed trimmer.etc.trailer will come later
  7. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

That is a pretty tight budget
    Mower will be about $400 ( the Cub Cadet one in the last post)
    You can get an echo SRM-210 for $200 http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...earchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5234&pos=n20
    You can also get an echo blower PB-200 for like $160 http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...earchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5234&pos=n20

For $760 that is a very good stat up the blower will be fine for blowing grass of walks. I have the SRM-210 above and it worked great for me started right up every time.
  8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

The troybuily will last you a few years. Just change the oil regularly and the filter and plug as needed. It's what i use and i do 74 lawns a week. The troybuilt is about 320.00
  9. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Welcome back Robert S.
    Glad to see you in here again.