Self propelled dump trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Apr 27, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Now this is cool, if I had the $ to waste or if I did a lot of mulch deliveries / etc I'd be all over this. Very cool idea, and I'm sure they're practically giving them away.
    Site Link
    [​IMG]

2. Utility Dave

Utility Dave LawnSite Member

ya roofers use the to for old shingals

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a nice piece of equipment, however, I'm not going to rush out and buy one !! I would like to know what they cost, though.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd like to buy one of those just to rent out to roofers. Would come in handy for places that you can't drive a fullsize dump truck.

5. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

When I read the title, I thought it was a coble job someone put together. But that looks sweet.

Talk about easy hook up to the truck. Instead of backing up the truck, just drive it over to the ball hitch.

Not sure if I would want to stand on it when dumping. I know my dump truck would like to roll forward when the load starts to come out if I didn't have my foot on the brakes. And I know the hitch comes up when using a dump trailer.

It would suck to drive it to the back yard, fill it with material (shingles) and then not be able to get it back out or put huge ruts in the yard. I guess it would beat driving a skid steer back there a dozen times.

I'm sure it has its uses. But if a dump runs up to $7-9k. What does a self propelled one cost?

6. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

7. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

it says prices range from 14 - 40k now I would guess the dump unit there might be the 14 that's doable I think.