Self Propelled Spreaders?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Enviro Green, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone here used a self propelled spreader?

I have a lesco stainless and found a distributor who makes a small four cycle engine that sits underneath, and goes from 3-5 mph. It only costs about 400 bucks for the engine and the mounting kit, I just wondered if you had any experience and if it was worth it.

It sure would be nice, down here in the hills I have very few flat lawns.

Thanks!

EG

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here's one I found.

[​IMG]

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

few years back i had lesco's motorized spreader and it was ok on large lawns...
    i now have a perm-a-green ride on sprader and love it...
    ant

4. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

A new Lesco motorized spreader is about $1500. If you can get yours going for $400 or less and you use it alot, it would be a good investment. You might want to check the drive system, chain and gearbox to make sure they are all in good shape before sinking the money into the engine.

The nice thing about this unit is that all you have to do is walk and load fertilizer. You will have to ramp it into your truck or van though.

If you do this all day, you will finish stronger at the end of the day.

5. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Enviro green- who sells that kit?

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to find out who makes the spreaders for Scott's lawn service. They have a neat 2-cycle one.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Enviro Green

If you are going to do it get the third wheel. I have a factory made Honda air cooled engine model with boom sprayer and with out the third wheel it works you to death. Yep I put 3rd wheel on my unit.

8. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Roger that Ric, thanks for the input. The kit I am looking at is offered by Gregson Clark, and the main on ethe advertise is for the earthway, but they also make a kit fo the lesco as well.

I believe for 400 bucks it is worth a try, it is sure to beat all that pushing....

Thanks everybody,

EG

9. tag102300

tag102300 LawnSite Member

Hi,
    Do you know the website or the telephone # that sell the 4-cycle engine and the kits. I am interest in buying it. Thank you.
    Tim Winn
    Call or text 918-798-9989
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tag102300

tag102300 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know the website or
    the telephone no. that sell 4-cycle engine and the kits for the Lesco self-propelled spreader. Please let me know. Thank you.

Tim Winn
    918-798-9989 call or text
    Posted via Mobile Device