self storage idea

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jacob land and, Feb 22, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

went out to bid a self storage company today, and got to thinking. they are charging $165.00 for a 10x30 room, no utilites. not a terrible price i thought. i bid the place at about $85.00. was considering adding the option to the quote of renting me the 10x30 room for no charge. i would in turn mow it for no charge and would include the rooms rent over winter in the quote, since i would be making an extra $85.00 if they accepted the cash quote, sound like a good idea or is it unprofesional?
  2. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have the numbers down exactly for them before you make the pitch.
  3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have tried that with some bizes that we do and they always tell me tthat they need to know what is coming in (rent, cash, payments) and what is going out (expenses). I have bartered this way with some residence already but never with commercial property. If you can do - great!
  4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

my aunt is a vet big around here she, dose this with her her kids each season they get new ski's free from her clients and the clients dog gets all it's checkups free and gets treated like a king may i say.
  5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

That is what I do. 12x30 normaly 175 per month. We trade out the unit for the lawn maintenance. The lawn is worth about 50-60 per mow, very small.