1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

self storage

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rfed32, Jan 9, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

hwo you guys doing....i was wondering who all uses self storage...i am going out of my shed in the back well i will when i get my new rider and i was looking into getting a gerage...i have priced a few out and lookin at around 200 for a single car 350 for a dubble car in a neigh. but the only problem with this is being there late at night...so i desided to look into self stoarge gerages in my local area have a few calls in...the one i am looking at is 9x16 which is plent big for my 6x10 and its in a nice secure spot and i can be there at all hours of the night doing what ever i need to do...im not sure but i think im lookin at 140 for one might rent two of them a get a deal for 120 a peice....jst wanted to know what u guys think
  2. jd6323

jd6323 LawnSite Member

Man that's a lot of money to spend but I was just thinking when I get a trailer some day I guess I'll have to rent a storage place. I'm 17 so I still live at home and we already have 2 boats and a trailer parked in the back so there isn't really room for anything else and when I move out I'll be in an appartment with nowhere to keep the trailer. If I lived in a house with enough room I'd probably get a metal building though.
  3. cuttinggrassiscool

cuttinggrassiscool LawnSite Member

this might night be the most profesional solution but it works well for us. in our "even earlier days" (im talking when we pushed 21's to the job) we struck up a good friendship with a client. so once we were in a pinch and asked if we could leave our trailer near his garden for the night. he said no probelm. well thngs grew from that and know all of our equpment is on his property. yard, shed and basment, and we do his lawn and some add ons for free. we tried a small greenhouse their too.... it may not work but its worth a shot to just see whats right in front of you...