1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sell Echo for RedMax?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by blakerugg, Jun 28, 2009.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I also run 2401's and love them...haven't had any problems. I'd say go for it.
  2. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

;);) Sounds good to me....... :drinkup:
  3. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We use all echo and they all work great and as far as trimmers go you need more then the old $199 srm 210 it is the cheapest straight shaft trimmers echo makes. I would say it all comes down to how good your dealer is I think all the top brands are good its like the ford chevy dodge thing.
  4. brodo374

brodo374 LawnSite Member

buy an echo HIGH TORQUE...will cut anything
  5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I have use a friends sthil when one of my trimmers is down, i8t is good, I have a sthil blower and absolutlu love it
  6. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

I've got 5 redmax trimmers for sale in the equipment exchange, 40-65$ a peice in working shape.....cough cough
  7. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the offer, but at least until the fall i'm gonna stay with the equipment that i have
  8. raymn

raymn LawnSite Member

get a kawasaki kgt27a(discontinued). I just found one and it runs alot better than my redmax

The echo srm-261t isnt that good. The head speed is too slow; you would have to rev higher. And on hot days, somtimes it takes a few pulls. Redmax and kawasaki starts on first pull for me even though the redmax needs alot of warming up before you have any power
  9. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

The ECHO SRM-225 is a good trimmer for the price, at only $219. If you want to look at a much nicer model, look at an ECHO SRM-265, or an ECHO-265S (solid shaft), or an ECHO SRM-265T (high torque gearbox). They run from $309.99 to $329.99. The Shindaiwa T242 at $299.99 is a really nice rig too.
  10. TEAL Mowing

TEAL Mowing LawnSite Member

I guess it comes down to the dealer. I got talked into buying a SRM 265t. Used it 4 days before the motor went south. Of course it was "my fault" the POS Echo died. I am in the markert for a new dealer and a better trimmer.