sell husky $4000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Aug 3, 2005.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Got an offer today for my Husky Z 48" 18hp. $4000 only has 160 hours. What do you all think about this it is a 2003. I dont know if i should sell it or not it is my only big mower but i can cut lawns with a 21" until the end of the season. I am trying to think about the leaf season and dont have alot of money to get into it. b.c i need a dump trailer and loader.
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

If its your only big mower why are you selling it?
    As a side note, if you just want to trade down a little to pocket a few thousand cash, I am selling my 48" Exmark Viking. Its in perfect shape with new front tires, blades, deck belt, ignition on engine, and a couple other smaller things. Its a great mower. Then you'd still have a 48" to use, but I'm asking $1,000 for it so you can have a few grand to put toward leaf equipment. You can get into leaves cheap if you're willing to scrounge for good deals and can work on stuff. Last fall I bought my 11hp Billy Goat loader for $300 and spent $25 and a couple hrs rebuilding the carburetor and doing basic tune-up on it, works great. I just traded for an old dump truck that basically is costing me about $500 after a couple small repairs and everything works on it, doesn't look too bad just old. Not saying you can find deals like that, and I will certainly say that an antique dump truck (or newer one) is not for everyone... I would have preferred a dump insert or dump trailer but this was too cheap to turn down. But it costs more every year to own, and repairs can cost more too. I plan to put it to use doing light hauling work for people and hauling stone/gravel and soil too here and there...
    Let me know if you may be interested in the 48" Exmark Viking walk behind. I may be able to offer partial delivery if you wanted to meet me partway for a fee.

PM me or post your email address and i'll send pics and info.

3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Well the reason i want to get rid of it is because it is to big for some gates. I have looked into a sentar 36" but dont really need it till next year. Dealer is going to let demo a 36" walkbehind but still trying to figure if i can push for the next 2-3 months only have about 30 accounts most are 10,000 ft or less.