1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sell it to me.....Exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MattBinford, Mar 5, 2002.

1. MattBinford

MattBinford LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Give me a reason to purchase your 27hp Liquid cooled 60" mower instead of the Hustler super z with 25hp. 60" deck. Please sell it to me....I will be demoing both but I am curious to your sells pitch....

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey, Binny:

Here's the pitch. . .There are several advantages the 27-hp Liquid-Cooled has over the other unit:

--More horsepower (27-hp vs. 25-hp)
    --Longer engine life (Liquid Cooled vs. Air Cooled)
    --Again, longer engine life (Canister Air Filter vs. Standard 25-hp Kaw. Air Filter)
    --Faster Ground Speed (Liquid Cooled 10 mph vs. Hustler Z 9 mph)
    --Deeper Deck; Deeper deck gives you more volume for cutting taller grass. (UltraCut = 5.5" deep vs. Hustler deck 5" deep)
    --Less maintenance - hydraulics (Exmark uses Mobil 1 vs. Hustler Z uses 10W40 motor oil; Exmark reservoir holds approx. 1 quart vs. Hustler reservoir holds 1.5 gal.; Exmark change interval is 250 hrs. for initial change, and then every 1000 hours thereafter vs. Hustler Z ???; most petroleum based systems recommend following a change interval of every 200 or 250 hours)
    --Exmark Support (This is my opinion, of course! ;))

I can go into greater detail on any of these points if you would like me to.

These are the advantages the Exmark has over the Hustler Z. I'm sure the Hustler guy could come up with a list of things that they do better if you asked him. The bottom line is this a sales pitch, and what we are talking about are facts on paper. This doesn't mean either machine is going to perform the way you would like it to on your property.

You're doing the right thing by demoing each unit. Put 'em head to head, and see what happens. I'd be interested to hear what you decide and why you chose Exmark over Hustler or vice-versa. If you have any other questions, feel free to create another post or e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com.

Here to help,

Exmark Customer Support
  3. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 27hp LC 60"---------totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I can't say anything bad about Hustler. Looks like they make a quality machine. I can tell you I've been extremely happy will my eXmarks. The cut, quality, factory customer service, etc has been great.
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I can say this:

You would be hard pressed to find the excellent factory and dealer support offered by Exmark. Not only do they offer some of the finest commercial lawn equipment on the planet-they also back it up with a support team/system that cannot be beat. One of the things I appreciate most is the updates and other material I receive from them in the mail and the fact that I can come here and get 'one on one' with the factory support guys. No question is too trivial or dumb to receive a prompt, courtious, and knowledgeable response. In other words, Exmark treats their customers in an individual, friendly and respectful manner.

I have only have 400 hrs. on my 2001 Lazer 60' (23 kawi) but have had absolutely zero problems. This machine leaves a beautiful cut and has been the epitome of dependable so far. My next commercial equipment purchase will definately be an Exmark.

Thank you Exmark for making my life easier, more enjoyable, and profitable. :)

BGRANT LawnSite Member

I have 1011 hrs on my 2000 liquid cooled exmark.The only cost out of my pocket has been
    about 150.00.Because it is a liquid cooled i will probably get well over another 1000 hrs on it.The hustler your looking at will not see much more than 1500 hrs total.I just bought a 2001 brand new
    i'm sure i will be just as happy.They put a 2 yr warranty on there clutch .That was a smart move on there behalf.You will not beat the cut!