1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sell me on a good hybrid work shoe/boot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Guys,

Having a very hard time finding the Lawngrips boots that I like so much, in the size I need. So I may have to go away from them.

Looking for recommendations on a replacement. Here is what I want: a nice light boot that is good for general work (landscaping, mowing, etc). Don't really want over 6" height, the less boot in the summer heat the better. Not looking for heavy clod hoppers. In fact, I have seen a few hybrid work 'shoes' out there that fit almost like a tennis shoe, but have a steel toe, reinforced sides, etc. Waterproof would be good but not absolutely essential (water resistant ok just don't want soaking wet feet the first lawn I step on). Hopefully yall get the picture - in summary looking for as light of shoe/boot as possible yet still protect whats necessary.

Thx

2. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

I wear keen boots very comfortable, good warranty, if something happens to them they'll give you free pair no questions asked. I've been wearing them for years.

3. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

This might not help, but I wear "Golf" shoes first thing in the morning, there the only shoe that will keep my feet dry, I change socks and put on walmart boots when everything is dry.

6. JKinFlorida

JKinFlorida LawnSite Member

7. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

I wear Keen cuz they're very lightweight,have a wide platform(atleast the style I wear does),water proof 100%,have a rugged sole pattern to prevent slippage on wet grass and they're very comfortable. Mine are the 6" for more ankle support

8. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Red Wings. They are expensive, but at the end of the day my feet thank them. Never have had an issue with my feet getting wet and they are very very comfortable.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Keen here also, dry feet all day and no sore feet or knees. Mine are waterproof to about 4 inches which is nice in the spring.

10. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT