1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sell my Walker, and get a Mid Mount?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigdaddyspags, Aug 11, 2004.

1. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 26HP EFI Walker with about 150 hours on it. Would i be crazy if i wanted to get $8000 bucks for it?
  2. bigdaddyspags

What should i expect for a trade-in value?
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have absolutely no answer for your question (sorry), but I am curious why you're wanting to switch from the Walker to a Mid Mount ZTR??
  4. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

What deck is on it?? What mid mount are you thinking about getting??
  5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

BDS I doubt you'll get enough to make it worth you while as a trade. Why are you leaning towards a mid???
  6. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How about my Exmark Lazer hp 52" deck 23 kaw w/ultra vac for your Walker?
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Do what I did, get one of every type of mower then you will always have the right one for the job.
    Walkers usually have good resale value but your's is pretty new so good luck. Is the Warranty transferable?.
  8. bigdaddyspags

I want to be able to mow tall thick wet grass. Wish i could try a SD deck on my walker though...
  9. bigdaddyspags

That's one of the exact options i was thinking about. Got to do some demoing though.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its your call Big Daddy but I would call a dealer or regional sales rep and give the 52SD a try.
    I was in your shoes a few years back and fell into a 52SD that was slightly used by a homeowner. I love it and to tell you the truth, the 42 GHS deck is only used in the spring for collecting debris from spring clean/dethatches. It gets minimal use in the fall as the 52SD has doubles and a mulch kit and I literally can reduce 4 feet of leaves to a powder. I have also put a mid mount to the test on my properties and have come out even. My properties have lots of low trees and trimming to do and the Walker front mount gets most of it. The midmount did mow faster but then it all evened out when I walked around to trim what I could not reach. Your properties may be different, to tell you the truth cantoo has the best set up. Good Luck.