sellin the old buyin new!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baddboygeorge, Jan 29, 2003.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

getting rid of the dixie choppers,they are fast but i have had to many problems with these units so i am buying scag ztr's. priced a turf tiger today with 61 inch deck 27 liquid cooled kaw. $ 7800 .an i priced a 36 inch belt drive with 15 kaw $2499 . i will be getting 2 riders an 1 new walk behind. i think the prices are excellent . tell me what you guys think thanks!
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say yes but, the others will most likely say go with the red. I think the scag will be fine go with your gut and not your butt.:D
  3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Btw: great prices a lot less than "SOME" of these.
  4. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I say go for it, the prices sound good. I have all scag and plan on buying another turf tiger with the 61" and the 27 kawi.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

According to my shopping notes, the price on the 36" is right on the money. But, the Turf Tiger is a hell of a deal! My quote was over $9,000 on the same machine....

I have no local Scag dealer. But, it sounds like I might ought to find another dealer and give Scag a second chance.
  6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Your prices sound quite good. I wish you the best of luck on your "new" equipment.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa, somebody is gonna be spending some serious moolah!!! Good luck with your new equipment.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda like that 4 wheel suspension Ferris you just got. :D :D

Those are not bad prices. Hope you enjoy your new money makers.
  9. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Good prices....I say buy!!

I have only used Scag equipment so I cant talk about other the other brands. I can say that I have never had any problems with my Scag equipment (including used) mowers that I have purchased.

I use my 2002 Tiger Cub to cut stuff that a Bush hog should be cutting, and I have not had any problems. This thing is built like a tank!!

P.S. Go Hydro on the WB if you can afford it.
  10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Exellent price. I just looked at a price list from my dealer from 2002. They have that mower listed at $8400.