Sellin Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by tony58, Feb 20, 2007.

1. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about selling my dump truck.Question is:have any of you had any experence selling vehicles on E-Bay.Good,bad or other wise.It would cost about the same money wise to advertise local or e-bay.Any in-put?
    thanks
    tony58

2. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

ebay i dont think is the way to go they charge you almost $100 to sell your vechical i would try putting it in the paper i know almost every thing i put in the paper sells for pretty much what i want. with ebay you still have to pay them if it dont sell and its still gonna be close to $100 i think its 50 to list and 40 as soon as any one bids on it. you might be able to put it on there for the buy it now price but i dont know if they will still charge you that much or not.

I would put it in the paper and park it by the road. or drive it with a for sale sign on it and park it in places with alot of people like walmart i sold one of my cars that way i came out and some one was looking at it and he wanted to drive it so i game him the keys and jumped in with him (didnt want him to steal it and have no way to get home) but he really liked it and went to his bank and game me half the money now and the rest before we got the title switched.

but unless you wanna sell it NOW and dont care what you get for it i wouldnt put it on ebay.

good luck with whatever you do

3. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

I have sold many items on Ebay, including cars/ trucks. Where else are you going to get the amount of people looking at your truck for less than $100. It is the best marketing you can do to sell something. I have sold everything from brake rotors to a Ferrari. All went well with no problems. Be honest, lots of pictures(you can't do lots in the paper) and price fairly. You will sell it. Good luck

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What type of truck is it?

I love ebay. I don't have time to fool w/ tire kickers and ads here and there. You put it on ebay... it is sold 7 days later... all while sitting on your butt. I think there is so many people on ebay now... it is a seller's market. I have been looking for another cabover and I can just about find them cheaper in the trucktrader than on ebay.

I still think you can also purchase good deals on ebay, but now(for me at least) it takes weeks or months to find a steal on something.

5. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

99 Dodge Cummins 8' heil P.T.O. dump 4x4
    tony58

6. Lawnworks

from usa

Sent you a pm

7. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

I'm not ready to sell at this point.I haven't decided on a price.I'm having a hard time putting a fair price on it.I've got to do a little more research before I commit.
    thanks,
    tony58

8. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

Here is a picture.

dodge1.jpg

9. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

Heres another

10. Lawnworks

from usa