1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Selling a Mower... whats it worth????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.TX, Nov 20, 2007.

1. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Im going to be selling a mower i bought mid season and only has 50hrs on it. Its a gravely commercial walkbehind, belt drive, 32" with mulch kit. A new one cost 2600 plus tax. What do you guys think i should get for it? I need to sell it fast because i need the money for something.
  2. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

500 bucks to me...But where in texas are you?! :D
  3. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bid $501 (depending on where in TX)
  4. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Triple that 500 and i might think about it lol
  5. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

502 bob...or wait its drew carey now isnt it?
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a dealer. If your mower was mine, I would hope to get $1200.00 - $1500.00 for it. However, this time of the year, very few commercial cutters are interested in buying a new or used mower at any price. Best bet is to store it in the garage and sell it in the spring.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Put it on ebay and let the bidding decide, that's how I'll be selling all my stuff from here on out.
    But I do agree, very early spring such as March would likely be a better time, maybe even February but you have to ask other folks on time frame, I sold one in April with good luck before so I suppose it's in there.
    Let it sit until then, doing that alone is likely worth several hundred dollars.
  8. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Topsites, if you can hold on to it until Feb or March, you'll get more money for it, the demand goes way up in early spring. |I would think you could at least get $1500 or more, 50 hours is nothing on a commercial mower and Gravelys are nice. Good luck