selling accounts, how much?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 2, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have 6 in a row. they bring in about $13,000 gross a season, plus, snow available if you want it. in addition, i have one in a neighboring town, he's good for $2000 a season. what should i ask for these accts?

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Bobby,
    Just curious why your selling accounts?

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

cus i hate them. the people are ok, but the environment sucks. alot of oaks and sycamores. there is always a mess .yup, i charge extra for it, but, i'd just rather not do it.

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

finally going out of business from charging too little? ask one of the guys youre consulting for $20,000. if theyre dumb enough to hire you for a consultant... theyll probably give you the $20,000! :dizzy:

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

lets see i think its 10 to 15% of the monthly income IF they have a contract and the customers agree to the switch????

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

0 but id take them if you dont wont them .

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

13 K .........since about $100 of door hangers will yield double those six accounts I find that number pretty funny.
    IMO one months gross, or two max since they sit together would be all I would ever consider, but door hangers yield accounts so cheaply they would have to be pretty special accounts.

9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

20% yearly gross provided new guy retains 80% customer base (unless he pizzes it away with poor service)
    JMO

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I like the idea of an account being worth 20% of a yearly gross. Does that seem fair?