1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Selling Accounts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Gator610, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Gator610

Gator610 LawnSite Member

When I started my business in 2003, all I thought about was building my business. However, recently a person stops next to me at my trailer and asked if I would think of selling my business? I said no, I was not interested in selling. He then he asked if I had any customers I would like to sell? Thinking about it, I was planing to shed myself of some customers next growing season, but not until March 07. He said OK and took my card and said he would call.
    My questions are how do I put a price on a client(s) account? And would I have to sell my clients on the new guy? It may be more trouble than it is worth. If anyone has had gone though this exercise and would like to share there experience, I would look forward to reading your comments
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently bought some accounts of another guy. We did 3X the weekly mowing price for each one, assuming they'd switch of course.