Selling blade tip speed to customers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Mar 31, 2006.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking to add some selling points to my bid, one is now I state my libality insurance, I was also thinking about selling the over 18K fpm blade tip speed on my TTHP. Anyone know a range for the blade tip speed of standard homeowner equip.?

What other selling points are good for closing the sale?

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would not even bother with blade tip speed. they are going to have no idea what your talking about. JMO

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Your pissing in the wind they don't give a hoot,most don't care about insurance or license,90 percent want there grass cut cheap.

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Blade tip speed is overrated anyway - How many times have you idled back to go over a pile of gravel or something, and the quality of cut does not change. Too high of blade tip speed tends to pack the air in a deck upward, and it has trouble discharging anyway. The grass does have to move sideways eventually.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

lol,Local husqvarna dealer here pushes blade tip speed to sell his units,it's over rated.

6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Blade tip speed dictates the quality of cut given at a certain rate of speed. An increase will give a much higher lift and better cut. As for having too much air 'trapped' that is why decks are 'vented' to avoid that.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Not one of my customers would care about tip speed.......most would not even know what it is....

D

8. Flex-Deck

What?? Does your deck have holes in top of it to vent???? Mine just has a discharge on the right side.

9. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I'll clarify...certain decks are vented...No, my deck is not vented.

10. Flex-Deck

Really? I have never seen one. Can you give me a brand. I would like to see one in person, may be a great deal in certain conditions.