Selling business in Acworth GA

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by hal, Jul 27, 2014.

1. hal

hal LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I am getting out of the business. I have equipment, truck ('06 w3500), 2 z's push mowers. blowers..... I have been doing this for 30+ years. Small clientele list, monthly income around $3700 per month. I must sell the accounts first before any equipment. The whole thing I want $40k. Just pm me if you are in the Atlanta area and are very!! interested. Thanks, Mitch

2. hal

hal LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Willing to divide accounts, buckhead, Roswell, Marietta-Acworth

3. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to be a ass but you price seems really high without see your equipment. I've bought out someone before and you basically sell the equipment for a fair price and the clientele comes with it. I'd get some more info up on your equipment along with pictures. 40k for 3700 gross a month is a hard sell. I gross that much or more part time solo. Again not trying to be a smartass just trying to help you out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. hal

hal LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Your not, it's more for the Atlanta area. Usually it's about 4 months of accounts plus equipment. It is in line with what others have had for sale here in my area. I have been doing these customers for over 20 years (One 26). They pay every month no hassles. I also have lots of equipment. Once I get someone who is serious about the purchase I will give all the details they need. Just weeding out the low ballers and tire kickers

5. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in acworth, I still think it's high for used equipment and those customers have been with "you" for 20 years.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. hal

hal LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

But you are not interested in buying it... So what is your point? You are not going to offer... The pricing is always a starting point. All they equipment is priced used at a good price, not too high not too low.

7. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Just put pics of the equipment up just in case you find a buyer for the accounts and no the equipment. Someone on here might be interested in traveling to buy your equipment if you sell the accounts. Best of luck!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

Don't pay for clients unless there are contracts be wise just saying if so or not.

9. hal

hal LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Gotta sell the accounts first then I will post pics of the equipment. I gave a third of the business to my son, so this is what is left. I am still working them (part time) so the accounts need to go first. I am in no hurry, but if some one wants them I will give them a good deal.

10. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

The point is, over the years I've bought out several smaller businesses in our area and this is typically how it works. You put a fair price on all the equipment and trucks. Then you try to throw in the accounts for a months worth of income. It's at the new owners risk since it's not set in stone that he can keep them after you sale. Those customers liked you and may not like the new owner. That's not your problem though.
    Posted via Mobile Device