1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

selling customers on your employees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianslawn, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

ive heard people say that their selling point to customers is that they only hire american. i would think youd have better luck telling client you only hire hispanic. does anyony do either? my customers usually ask for hispanic workers on their yard. what are the results others have?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I don't bring up the subject of nationality. What I do highlight is their consciousness of doing a thorough job each and every time they are on someone's property...treating it as if it were their own.
  3. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Why is it they request hispanics?
  4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't consult my cilents on matters of our employees ethnicity,I make sure they do a first class job,above and beyond the competition,and that fact is articulated when the contract is signed.
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Why would you even answer that ????????????????? sounds like a pita before you begin, I don't let customers dictate who I hire
  6. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

They probably request hispanic workers because of their ethic and their willingness to work harder for less money (usually) and the customer thinks their getting a better deal.
  7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

In all the years I've been conducting business,I only have had two potential clients ask about our employees ethnicity,and they were bigots who for some reason had a grudge against Mexicans.Nobody will dictate to us who we hire.
  8. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

if you seen what the white boys are like around here, you would too. bunch of meth heads and pot heads. they even smoke pot on the job around here. :nono:

good thoughts rod & bill......
  9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had my share of Hispanic workers. Some can be overachievers or some can be just as lame and lazy as any other ethnic group.

As for working for less money....around here they are savvy and want to get top dollar for entry level. Overall my experience working Hispanics has been positive.

Rodfather hit it right on with his response.
  10. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I would tend to believe you could easily be teetering on the edge of discrimination if you actually let customers dictate the ethnicity, gender, age, or otherwise of your employees. JMO