Selling dump trailer to get a box truck??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Mar 22, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thts why i have it. But it hasnt been used since Oct of last year. A box truck would get used nearly 5days a week and stop me from putting all the miles on my dually.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. nnusskern

nnusskern LawnSite Member

What if you get rid of enclosed since won't the box truck pretty much replace that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I'd do that instead of getting rid of the dump trailer. Don't you need the dump trailer for storm cleanup?

What about getting an older 3/4 ton pickup to drag around the enclosed trailer for mowing?

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Pm what you're thinking. It'll be a few weeks before I have cash, but I'm in the market for one
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

Im keeping my enclosed to haul plant material and set it up as a mobile shop/site trailer. Its not worth hauling debris anymore when they only pay between $3-5yd.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. nnusskern

nnusskern LawnSite Member

Makes sense soabout are u getting out of storm cleanup?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KrayzKajun

Pretty much. Too many hoops to jump through. And out of state companies are bidding the contracts too low. I can make more doing cleanups on reaidential/commercial accnts after a storm than hauling debris.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

You will need either a dump truck(1 ton) or trailer if you plan on doing landscaping. You will always have something to haul to the job or off the job.

9. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Jacob, my advice, if worth anything.

Sell your big dump trailer, and pick up a really used smaller dump trailer(6x10 or 6x12) and the box truck you have been looking at. This way, when doing landscape installs you can use the box truck as a plant material hauler, and you can use the dump trailer as a mobile dumpster to put all of the crap from each job on. This will help on cleanups too, to have something that dumps so you wont have to shovel it all out.