Selling Firewood

Discussion in 'Firewood' started by TNGrassCutter, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

No way...the chains and oil & gas would cost more than that...no way...

2. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds a little far fetched unless there is a hugeeeeeeee shortage of trees there..

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

$120-$140 per cord here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

There are plenty of trees here...the rednecks sell crap green wood for $200-$220, I sell premium hardwood clean cut, split and stacked for 12 months before selling any of it for $405...will prob raise rates as I sell out every year and only have 70 cords left. Most people by a 1/3 cord for $145 (which nets me even more...$435 a cord) These prices are stacked...dumped is $10 less per 1/3 cord.

5. cgaengineer

You would be out of business fast here...actually with those prices you would never even have a business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cut level

cut level LawnSite Senior Member

I honestly dont see how you sell any of it for that price. Glad you are getting it but dadgum thats high. Sure am glad those "rednecks" can pay that kind of money to the high fallootin wood chuck. :dancing:

7. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

We are selling it for the first time this year also. What we did is offer it to our customers who have fire places and fire pits. It went over well. Starting this weekend we are delivering puck up truck loads of wood for 75 each. Right now were are sold out for the year on wood if my current customers keep buying. We do have about 15 cords that are cut split and stacked waiting on next years season.

8. cgaengineer

Craigslist is a good place to get trees for firewood for little or nothing, people have them taken down and don't want to pay to have them removed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I'm trying it this year, selling by the 3/4 cu ft bundle.

P9200139.jpg

10. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

$175 a cord + delivery $15-$20

who uses a 8ft dump insert for wood ? how much can u load your truck with ? I wanna add a truck with an insert but cant figure out if it would hold a cord.

I use a C5500 right now.