1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Selling my Bus.--Help me out on this one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WalkerMan9669, May 23, 2005.

1. WalkerMan9669

WalkerMan9669 LawnSite Member

Hey i have decided to possibly sell my bus. I have a 14ft. open trailer w/ side gate, Walker 16hp, 2 Stihl BR420s, Stihl FS-85, Honda Foreman 4x4, 52-tine tow behind plugger, snow plow for fourwheeler, spreaders,and various other things. I also have 6 regular yards. Two of them are $200/ month yards, 3 are 100/month yards, and one is 125/month. I told the guy i would sell equiptment plus customers for $33,000. Would go as low as 30,000. Does this sound like a good idea on my end? Lemme know, thanks guys
  2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can get that it sounds good for you- Thats alot of money for 6, low low paying customers. I add up $18k ? in used equipment- Good luck. Joel
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

$600 for the accounts. i'm not familiar with all the equipment but i'd say somewhere between $6-10K for the equipment.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

33 grand!!! You're kiddin', right??? This has to be a joke for sure. :rolleyes:
  5. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

33 grand!!! You're kiddin', right??? This has to be a joke for sure.

i agree with rodfather....................

equipment worth $ 6,000....................
    lawns worth $ 650..............

~~~~total $ 6,650............................

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  6. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

If you can get 30K for that you're doing great.... Take the Money and RUN :blob3:
  7. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

was there a new truck in there somewhere that I missed? no, you're not going to get 30k from anyone that can do math. Sorry.
  8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

if you get 30k you should be a salesman not an lco.
  9. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Heck yeah, and let me know if the buyer wants to expand into the deep south. I could let him have 6 "choice" yards and put him right on into business.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Luck!!! Friend of mine just bought out a lco, 60 accounts, and a landscaper truck for $37,000. If you get what you're asking for, more power to you. Oh and BTW, I told my friend I thought he was paying too much for what he got.