Selling my business - need advice on how to price it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robtbrehm, Jul 18, 2007.

1. robtbrehm

robtbrehm LawnSite Member

I am considering getting out of the business after three very successful years. Honestly, I can't handle the heat (weather).

I need some real advice on pricing my business for sale. I have some contracts, lots of residential accounts, fertilizer program, aerate, etc; a complete turn key operation.

While I do not intend on getting rich from the sale (I average about 150k per year), I would like to make a few bucks off it.

Thanks.

2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

youre nuts. Hire a crew, pay the driver well and make him the foreman. Do nothing, still make something. Done. THIS IS WHERE YOUR HARD WORK PAYS OFF!

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Agreed. Have someone do the work for you if it bothers you that much. Find another PT job to keep you busy while your company grows and grows.

4. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Eh, id sit home and watch sports. Hes making 150K a year, even if he paid 50% of that in labor and bs hed still be taking in 75K for doing nada. Thats my goal. Just be the boss, the boss that never touches equip.

5. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

Pietro said it well. Hire you a crew and let them do the work. You can still makes lots of money while sitting back in your cooled office while you let your crew(s) go out and do the work. In fact, it may drive you to gain more customers, simply because you know you will have reliable employees. Don't let 3 years go down the drain. Good luck.

6. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

Did someone tell you my goals as a business man? You hit the nail on the head!

7. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I think thats pretty much everyones goal ;)