Selling my mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernCutter, Oct 8, 2007.

1. SouthernCutter

SouthernCutter LawnSite Member

I paid 5300 for a brand new Scag at the begining of the season. 48 Walkbehind Hydro. I would say it has about 35 hours on it. It is in great shape, i barely even mow with, i use the eXmark instead of using my scag becasue i hate it so much. If i tried to sell at the end of the year, what do you think i could get for it, and what should i be looking at for a used exmark?

Thanks for any input.

2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Don't know what to tell you on price, but why do you hate it so much?

3. SouthernCutter

I hate the pistol grips on it, i was in a hurry on buying a new one due to my old mower spewing oil from every hole it could...haha (it was reallly old) It hurts my hands, i went the next day and bought the Scag. One of my friends has an exmark, and i mow with it all of the time, and i love it. so i am looking at getting an exmark.

4. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

How is the cut quality on the scag? What else bothers you about it

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

try rotating your hands so you get more grip on the pistols w/ your fingers. I never understand guys who claim "it hurts my hands, or my hands are too small). The majority of immigrant workers in this industry have hands the size of most young teenagers and they never complain about sore hands. If you want to sell it, post pics on the equipment f/s forum.

6. SouthernCutter

cut quality is great, i have already posted in teh FS forum. And the dealers around me arent the greatest to deal with, the exmark dealer is awesome, have already talked with them.....And it seems like stuff wont stop breaking on it! a presence lever broke on it alrady, one of the turning levers fell off, one of hte rods going to the turning lever fell off, the parking brake was so offset when i bought it that the bolts on the brake, rubbed the insides of the wheels so bad that it stopped the wheels from turning and made the most god awful noise you have ever heard.

And i checked all bolts on it and everything to be loose the day i bought it, the first day i ran it, for a week i checked, then started checking them at the end of every week. and somehow this seemed to happen.

7. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

hey southerncutter, which exmark dealer are you talking about?? is it the one on clinton pike???

8. SouthernCutter

Commercial Cuts i think its on clinton....they are great.