selling my Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longviewlawncare, Jun 24, 2002.

1. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am gettin ready to sell my Z. I lost the big account i bought it for so i no longer have a need for it. It is a 2002 JD M653 Z-TRAK with 60 hours on it. How much do ya"ll think i can get for it. I Paid cash for it when i bought it so i don't have to pay off a loan. Any help will be appricated.

2. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

So what will you do if you get another big account?

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

So you spent all that money for 1 account? Since its already paid for and its a tax write-off, why not keep it until its needed again. You at least have the ability to go after bigger stuff now.

4. Why don't you use the Z instead of the 48" belt drive WB?

This more sence.

Ditto what Hoss said also.

5. Wayward

Wayward LawnSite Member

I say hang on to it since it's paid for. I have just down sized myself and still have three z mowers and 2 walk behinds for myself and a helper.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Seeing as this mower is a 54" rider, and your other mower is a 48" walk behind, would make alot more sense to keep the rider and sell the wb.

They're close enough in size so that any property you're using a 48" wb on, you should be able to use the 54" rider on.

More productive, less fatigue. Plus you still have it for any other larger lawns that come along.

I could see it if all your properties were real small and your other mower was a 36" wb or something like that, but these are too close in size.

Think of the wb as a back up, or if you ever take on a helper, he can use it.

7. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

keep it.

8. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

well see here is the thing i forgot to tell you. I just inherited a Ferris Z from my uncle and also have acess to a JD 1445 outfront whenever i want it. That is the reason i am selling the Z-trak. I agree it makes sense to keep the rider and i am just not this one.

9. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Hey guys remember writeoffs are only good as long as your making money.

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Sell it and take the write off, who will know you dont have it? But you probably wont get nearly what you want for it.