Selling Off my Equipment and Clients

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by oakley02, Nov 21, 2007.

1. oakley02

oakley02 LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I am a commercial / residential lawn maintenance provider based out of the Baltimore metro area. I have been working in the area for five years. I am looking at the possibility of selling all aspects of my business due to relocation. Currently I am providing service to over 100 clients in the area. Most all of my clients have been clients since I started the business. This includes 3 large commercial properties and several smaller commercial jobs. Also I provide service to many residential clients. Gross income of the business is $115,000.00 per year. I am reluctant to give up my business because it provides me with a stable source of income and obviously, only working 8 months a year is fantastic! Equipment included in the sale of my business includes: (2) 2007 Exmark Lazer XS 66" 31 H.P. mowers with a bit under 400 hours, (1) 2005 Exmark Metro Walkbehind 36" 13 H.P. in good condition, (1) 18 X 7.5 foot 2007 Mustang Tandem Axle Trailer with electric brakes and landscaping gate, (3) Redmax 2-cycle trimmers, (1) Redmax backpack blower, and (1) Redmax handheld blower. The business also has landscaping and snow removal profit annually. Everything is ready to go for the 2008 lawn season for someone wanting to start in the field or expand their existing business. The asking price is $75,000.00. Please contact Brian Antkowiak at 443-858-1269 for any questions. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE. Thank you.

2. oakley02

oakley02 LawnSite Member

Great opportunity!

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone inquire yet Brian?

4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

all that equip, although 07', is used. realisticly, worth $20K. sound like alot to ask for the business IMO. have youhad any calls?

5. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

How far south are some of your clients? Any in Anne Arundel or Calvert county?

6. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

any in carroll county?

7. oakley02

oakley02 LawnSite Member

almost all of the clients are located in belair and howard counties. very few in carroll. thanks

8. deereequipment

my mother in law is in Belair, so I'm not going near there!!

I replied to a guy, who is moving to Balt area.
    I told him about your post.
    His wife has a job, and he is considering trying lawn care here.
    (I think he does it where he is now).
    His post was listed a couple of days, older than your post.
    Go look for it.

9. oakley02

oakley02 LawnSite Member

I will, thanks deereequipment, sorry to hear that your mother in law is near bel air, there is a lot of great opportunity in that area for the landscaping business.

10. deereequipment

Yes, I have considered that about Bel air. Alot of commercial too, and tons within an hour's driving in all directions.
    Too bad you're getting out.

Good luck to you.