Selling Out Guys...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jpocket, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

It's kind of bitter sweet, leaving this business. I really don't want to get into detail (Hate Typing), I started another business.

My question is what to sell the accounts for. They are all Upper mid class residential, creme of the crop, w/ REALLY tight routes. Also included in the deal are two Baseball fields (7acres) and a church.

I was going to ask for the price of 3 cuts. The buyer does not pay for the customers who do not renew with him.

What do you guys think?

There is also some misc. equip for sale. LAZER Z single axle trailer, and a wheeled blower.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what state are you in?

3. Jpocket

SE Pennsylvania

4. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Where ya talking? Im at grant and krewstown.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Sorry to see you go. What business are you getting into?

6. Jpocket

Blue Bell, Eagleville, Collegeville area.

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

you may want to try to get in touch w/ Evan, or scraper (Glen). They are both from that area I believe. I believe they're active elsewhere. if you were on the other side of the bridges, i'd probably sit down & tt you myself, but am uninterested in going out of state.

PM me if your lazer has under 500 hrs on it, as well as a list of any redmax stuff you may have

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, what will you be doing ??

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If I could get a days work in the area, I might consider it.

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say the price of three cuts, the guy doesn't pay for those who don't renew with him. When I bought out another guy in '06 that is exaclty what we did, it was a good deal for both of us really.

I too am curious to what other business you are getting into, but for some reason it looks like you don't want to tell us. Anyways, good luck!