Selling Out!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Feb 20, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Hey all,
    I recently got a job at our golf course this year as superintendent. I will be selling all my equipment at my local John Deere dealer, and get ready to be the head honcho at the course. I won't be mowing commercially anymore. I am going to get on an online turf management class on the internet, so I can get a wider knowledge. I am also going to have to get an applicators license for applications. I want to thank everyone for all the great information on here, and just because I am selling out, that doesn't mean I am going to stop coming on LS!

Thanks to everyone and have a prosperous 2003 season!

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

And you just got your logo how you want it. Good luck in your new endeavor.

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

RVLI:

Best wishes on your new gig. Sounds exciting.

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Yeah, I just finished my logo up last weekend, really, it was a letter heading. Did anyone see my equipment review in Turf?

5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Wish you all the best in you new job.

6. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Great to hear about your new job. Ya but after about 10 years you will look back wonder what if I would have stayed in the BIZ..

Justing kidding, good luck and congratulations!!!!!

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Best of luck to you! Don't be a stranger and let us know how the new position works out.

Gravely_Man

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would not view it as selling out, but more as taking an opportunity at hand. Who knows, you might have a lot of people ask you for future maintenance service and start back up part-time.

Good luck Alex
    MATT

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I bet you'll be in your cushy office all day on Lawnsite!

10. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Nope. It's only a nine hole course. I am what they call director of grounds, and my crew consists of me and two other people. Only I get to mow fairways and greens...This course is very very picky on fairways and greens.

I will NOT be a stranger here though!